Hi everyone!

This I didn't plan to be my first blog writing ever, but I happened to find one video from YouTube that I want to share with you and therefore I must start this blog now. (This blog was going to be starting soon anyway.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv0U8Zuh3ig

Eva Spoof from Udumbara Studio https://udumbara.fi, is making eating bowls here in this video for Sanneji.

Sanneji is our year-round training center dedicated to Zen practice located in Karjaa, Finland. We are so much in the beginning with the retreat center that we don't yet have web-page for it. But practice as well as renovation/building projects are all starting in this summer.

This blog I planned to be a channel for introducing some ideas why a certain things are done in Sanneji in a certain way. Although Zen doesn't explain but rather is doing what needs to be done, here I will say a few words why we have Sanneji's way, the way it is. 

For example these eating bowls are something that are meant to be help us to appreciate the food we eat, supporting us to stay one with the meal procedure, which is a kind of a ceremonial way to eat. 

The eating ceremony will be introduced here later, but now it is just a joy to watch how Eva is working with clay! I feel a gratitude for her. 

Gasshô                                  







Comments

  1. Happy to hear about the new place 🙏☺️
    Well wishes from Sweden, Sonja and Beata

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sanneji

Some general info